How to fix your reviewer profiles
Many prospective reviewers have already filled out their reviewer profiles on Softconf. However, there have been a few common issues with the profiles we have received (and unfortunately we cannot set up Softconf to catch these problems automatically).
Here are the most common problems we see:
- Domain names must be supplied for the Affiliations - Past and Present field, not human-readable text, full email addresses etc. The instructions within the Global Profile form explain how to specify the domain name.
- Affiliations - Past and Present must include at least one entry, for your current affiliation. If supplying multiple entries, these should be on separate lines.
- The Year of Graduation field requires a 4 digit number (not a string). This field was changed recently and is now split into: Highest Degree Earned (or to be earned); and Year Awarded (to be awarded). For instance, if you have a PhD or are enrolled in PhD study, please enter “PhD” in the first box, and your date of (expected) completion in the latter. If you have no degree and are not studying for a degree, please enter ‘n/a’ in both fields.
- Semantic Scholar ID must be present and correctly formatted. An example ID for Noam Chomsky is: https://www.semanticscholar.org/author/Noam-Chomsky/2329142 Make sure not to include any commas or semi-colons; in case of no publications, please write ‘n/a’. If your Semantic Scholar page exists but has mistakes, please provide the link anyway. You might wish to follow the instructions on how to correct the mistakes at https://www.semanticscholar.org/faq#claim-author-instructions A bad page that mixes your papers with other non-NLP authors will be acceptable for our purposes, and this will mean you get better paper assignments and better COI handling than if we have no access to you publication history.
- The list of COIs must include semantic scholar URLs of the form above, not names or links to google scholar etc.
- You should provide a secondary email address, and it should be different from your primary email. We will only use the secondary email as a last resort, e.g., when your primary emails bounce, or you are slow to respond to an urgent request.
To correct the errors, please update your local profile on Softconf. Your Global Profile information can be updated using the link entitled “Please click here to update your global user information.”